Thursday, October 23, 2008

What I have learned as an assistant, so far

Its all about anticipation. Or so i hear. Its also about google searches and emailing photos. Thats what my life consists of now a days. Emailing photos and website addresses to my boss. Although, even doing that, i still find it exciting that i work at a production company. I kind of want more responsibility, except i have only been doing this particular job for about four weeks now. Maybe they are trying to break me in softly. I would really like more work to fill my time so that i feel more productive. I am doing developmental research, which is when you find articles in newspapers, magazines, books, etc that you think could make an interesting television show or movie. I have also been working on a screenplay. I will not discuss it here, but when it is finished, i will need to find an agent and get it shopped around. I am not sure whether or not i want it to be a teen comedy or a family channel made for tv movie. I feel more drawn to teen comedy only because i want there to be sex, and you can't really get away with that kind of stuff on the family channels. I do have another idea for the family channel market. I will work on those today.

No comments: