Thursday, April 9, 2009

Its been too long

Ok, Well, it has been too long since I have last posted. Its not like things aren't happening. They are. I just can't talk about them. And not for any sexy reason other than the majority of the stories involve my boss. And, I certainly don't want to publish anything about my boss. And no, I can not justify it by using code names to protect the innocent. I will not be posting about my trials and tribulations as an executive assistant, until, I move on from here and get a different job. Once that happens, all of the posts I have written up in word will be copy and pasted into the blog. But, until then, those stories will never see the light of day.

But why, you ask?

Two reasons: One, self preservation. I want to keep this job. For the most part I like this job. Answering the phones, making travel arrangements (and then changing or canceling them at the last minute) and other office work. Two, I like my boss. I mostly only write when I am angry at him for having me do something I find stupid, but he sees it as a necessity. I just need to keep remembering, "I am an assistant. I assist. I do what he doesn't want to do. One day, I will have an assistant and I will ask them to do things I don't want to do and they too will write about my "necessities" on their blog."

So, there you have it. I want to keep my job and I like my boss.

Wish I more to tell you. I don't. I got a new company laptop. But any minute it might be taken away and given to someone more deserving. When that happens, it might crush my soul, but don't worry readers, I will be back blogging in no time, even if I have to use a public library computer.

No comments: