Friday, May 22, 2009

Nerves plus Mexican equal "Bad idea"


So, in about forty minutes I am sitting down with my big boss and my little boss. I plan to discuss my performance so far, taking on added responsibility as well as a raise. I am very nervous for some reason. Mainly, I am not sure what my bosses will say if I ask for a raise. Its not like I am unhappy with my job. I love my job. I just don't feel challenged or that I am being used to my full potential. Also, my current monetary rate per week was what they offered me 10 months ago. I accepted that rate because I didn't know what the job entailed, but now that I am in the full swing of things, I feel I deserve more money.

So, I planned to go to lunch with Renee and discuss strategy on how to bring up the raise in the conversation but my little boss joined us, so then I couldn't talk about it. For lunch, we went to a local Mexican place. In hindsight, not a good idea. I eat my weight in food and washed it down with a soda. All of that on top of my coffee this morning, needless to say, come 3:30 my stomach was singing and my colon was about to burst. I end to the communal bathroom and dropped the nastiest, grossest, loudest bomb. It smelled and was disgusting. And that is saying a lot coming from the guy who produced said "magic turd." Anyway, after I finished, I thought I should light a match but I didn't have any matches with me, so I had to leave the fan running and pray that no one goes in there for the next twenty minutes.

I just heard the toilet flush, 'Sorry to whoever is in there. My bad...but I am only human.'

I hope my conversation goes as smoothly as that poo. Just not as loud or smelly.

No comments: