Monday, September 15, 2008

Today i felt like a real intern

So, not only did i get to go pick up lunch from the heaven that is Panera Bread, i also got to book a flight. But I am getting ahead of myself. My day started with a little sleep. Too little to get up and function, so what did I do? I whipped out my blackberry, emailed the office manager, Renee. So once i got into the office, armed with a venti machiatto and my wits I entered the danger zone. The place was a buzz. We had a field producer and a writer sitting in with an editor and going over footage from a field show that wrapped. I was then sent to get their food orders for a lunch run. So at 12 i went in and they were already looking at a Panera menu online. I got their money and grabbed my keys and hit the road. I got to Panera and was standing in line with this insane chick came in talking on her phone. She was loud and screaming about "and then Jordan called me and was like come out baby, and bring Thailana and I was like no, i'm tired." The reason for all this is the fact that on her sunglasses still had the "100% UV Protection" sticker on it. Too crazy. I called my friend Allison to tell her about this. She thought it was funny.
Back at work, I came back. Delivered the lunches and change and sat to eat mine. I was then informed that I needed to find my boss, a flight from Dulles to Salt Lake City. Easy enough. It must leave after 10, arrive there before 4 and be a nonstop? Shit. And he wanted a return flight the next day, that didn't leave until after 9 PM. I got on the net and surfed all the sites i could think of to locate flights. Nothing matched his criteria. I then was told to call American Express and book through their travel services. So I did that. After two hours on the phone, I got him on a flight that leaves at 10:50, with one layover and gets him to Salt Lake City by 3:55. He then flies back the next day at 11:59 to have a two hour layover, to come back to Dulles. And then, it turns out he wanted me to pay for the flight using our points. Then i had to get back on the phone and call AmEx again and talk with their rewards people. Once i went through two security questions, which I had no idea what they could be and had to call my boss and ask they finally make the corrections and everything was fine. I want a Black AmEx with my personal assigned concierge and travel agent, as well as a private jet so I never have to go through this again. I am tired and want to go home.

No comments: