Monday, June 22, 2009

PAs in the BA

Yerin and I decided to go to New York, the Big Apple, the City that Never sleeps, to celebrate Justin's 23 birthday party. We are both hard working, young professionals who have a tendency to spend like college students. Money on booze, as cheap as possible on everything else. Being this cheap led us to take a cheap bus. The company that runs this bus is called, Eastern Express. The irony of that name is that there was nothing express about the ride.

We bought tickets for an 8:00 AM bus ride. We arrived at the pickup location at 7:40. We checked in, and got in line. And we waited. We waited until 8:10 when a bus shows up. The manager of the bus company comes out of his office and informs us that the second bus that was suppose to take us to New York had broken down and would not be coming. Those us that weren't getting on this bus here, could either wait until the 9:00 AM bus or get a refund. To be honest, we should have taken the refund, gone home and just enjoyed the weekend. but we didn't. Our love for our friend Justin made us stand in a line, as it rained, waiting for a fucking bus. The bus that arrives at 9:15, opens its doors and allows us to a take a seat. We get going, and after a stop in Baltimore, to inform the people who think they are getting on the bus, that there is no room for them and that another bus would be coming "shortly." Why the fuck did we even stop? After another random stop at a rest stop in New Jersey where we picked up a strange man, we finally got into the city. We made our first stop in Chinatown, which took forever. Then we went to Penn Station where Yerin and I got off the bus from Hell.
We met up with Pfeffer, went to dinner at a local Patsy's eatery. I got the spinach noodle fettuccini Alfredo. It was really good.




Then we headed over to Justins. Shots were consumed, beers shotgunned, cigs smoked, none of these by me. Wait, there was a shot in there at one point. Party pics below.





After the party, Pfeffer, Yerin and I headed to a hotel party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel. Once we finally got down to SoHo on the subway (which I want to say on record is the most confusing public transportation system ever, and I hate it. The fact that Pfeffer told me that if I lived in New York, I would figure it out within a month or so. To me, that is 29 days to long to figure out a public system.)

So, after a little pit stop at a 24 hour McDs for fries and water, we arrive at the Tribeca Hotel. It is very nice. Lots of hipster kids. And by lots, I mean, we were the only non-hipsters there. It was awkward. Yerin and I sat by ourselves in a roped off couch section, which would normally be very cool. VIP like, to keep the hipsters at bay, away from our non-hipster ways. But in retrospect, I think the ropes kept us in and away from the hipsters. Damn you hipsters for making us think we were cooler than you by sitting in a roped off section, when in reality you put us there so we didn't bother you.

So, while Yerin and I are sitting there talking, I spot the girl that was in Bravo's Make Me A Supermodel. I couldn't remember her name, but I saw her. Moutaha is her name.

So, since I couldn't remember her name, I walked passed with my phone, pretending to go outside to make a call and turned. Pointed a little and said "You were totally robbed on that show." To which she smiled and replied, "Thank you." We had a nice little moment. Who cares if I lied? So what, she may have been the best girl, but she didn't deserve to win. But anyway, after that, we decided to go back to Pfef's apartment and get some sleep.

I woke up the next morning and we went to meet Tali and Justin at Cup and Saucer in Chinatown. It was delicious. Good coffee.



After that, Justin, Pfef, Yerin and I made our way back to Penn Station of our 3:30 pm bus ride home. We wasted time grabbing drinks at a local bar. Yerin and Justin's Koreanness kicked in and they played arcade games against each other. I think Yerin won during the bonus round.


When the bus finally arrived, at 4:15. We got on it, and made our way out of the city. The AC did not work on this bus so if was fucking hot. We suffer through this horrible bus ride to about, 20 miles outside of DC when the bus begins to beep and our driver pulls over. That's right readers, the bus broke down.

So after the bus broke down, everyone exited the bus, got on the blackberries and iphones and started to call cab companies. A nice man driving a super shuttle pulled over and offered a ride. This crazy man thought he was Cole Trickle from Days of Thunder. He was trying to be a personal best time, I think. He was insane. Weaving in and out of lanes, running yellow lights, speeding. It was crazy.
Here Yerin was praying we lived. I joined her in pray. Our prays worked, we did.

No comments: