Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day Five

Today was a much better day. I got to use, pause for dramatic effect, the copier. but no, my day did not end with the copier, i also got to use the label maker. Now, to some of you "not in love with the industry" would call this "bitch work", just like my sister did at dinner. I call it common ground and a giant leap toward my assistant job.
(I felt alittle like Buster from Arrested Development, when he was allowed to go to the construction site and everything was really exciting even though it was very basic.)

But back to the post, I figured if i can work the copier, label maker and the phone, i will be in great shape for a job as someone's assistant. My main task today was to put together a production book. (To be honest, i don't know if that is the technical name for what the book is but it mainly is an organized collection of all the releases, contracts, insurance, etc. documents that are used in the show.) Producers and production companies put together these books just in case someone wants to argue that they are featured in a show but never signed a release. It is very legal. My task, as i said, was to build Episode 03's book today. But did i just make one, no, i made two. One for Nat Geog, and one for another international company that picked up the show. Also, eventually i will make another book for our archive.

Now, the phone is getting trickery. Today, i was the first person in the office at 9:30 in the morning. And the phone started to ring. I finally answered it and took the message and wrote it all down and rocked that phone. What a good day, overall.

No comments: