Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Internship Day 2

Today was divided into two parts. My morning was spent researching Scotland and the Cowal Highland Games. For those of you who don’t know these are the games and competitions that Scotland is famous for creating and annually celebrating and it similar to America’s strongman games. The most recognized is the Caber Toss. That is when you throw the big log called a caber and want it to land straight up. It is judged by the angle in which it lands on the ground. I researched into the history of the highland games. And then I researched the specific games and tried to find what their history was like. The reason I am doing this is because we are producing a show when American strong men will go over to Scotland and watch and learn and possibly partake in the events.
After that I had lunch. I brown bagged my leftover Chinese food.
After my lunch I was given the dialogue script to Lost in China, episode three. I was then sat in a back room with three editing stations. Two little ones and one big one that is connected to the HD big screen. I watched some footage being edited as it was played on the tv. That was so clear and amazing I couldn’t believe the clearity. Yes, back to my station. I sat there with the show on the editing station and the script on my laptop and proceeded to make sure that each word of dialogue spoken in the show was correctly transcribe in the script. And then I also had to place time sequences on every other scene. Now what all that means is when one guy started talking I had to note the time in the show so that when these shows are sent to other countries and need to be subtitles the translated words will appear with what is being spoken from the guys. Not too exciting but the four hours it took me went by kind of fast. There was a problem with a whole paragraph missing and some notes from Nat Geo. Apparently you should say “developing” instead of “third world.”

PS Also, the dead dog, that took place in Harbin, China.

No comments: